Why Love Brand and Design
As a certified brand architect I align your business model and your brand to enable you to make choices to build an eco system of meaning, value and trust for your audiences. I do this for ambitious entrepreneurs and challengers in the marketplace.
A Confident Strong Brand with a True Purpose Gains the Trust of Your Audience.
When a brand is confused with no clear purpose you find it harder to get that trust. Brand is a hard concept to grasp at times. It is something intangible that cannot be easily measured with numbers and metrics. But brand is very powerful, and our subconscious mind is a strong influencer on our decisions.
Brand is Powerful Because…
We are all humans, with feelings and emotions, and we react to situations and things with feelings and emotions. Feelings and emotions are not things you normally talk about in business, but they are what drive us as humans. Feelings and emotions connect people, logic doesn’t.
There are two parts to our brains, the one where the logic lives, the analytical brain, and the one where our feelings and emotions live, the subconscious brain.
In the subconscious brains of your customer there are plenty of feelings and emotions, which are all going towards forming an opinion about your business. These opinions within nano seconds bubble up to the conscious brain and puts everything into a sentence to rationalise and verbalise that opinion. Our job as brand designers is to figure out what your customers want, how they want it, why they want it, and how is the best way for you to get it to them. What is going to make them choose you? What experience are you going to offer that brings them to believe in you and share those beliefs with their inner circles.
It is about perception. As humans our subconscious minds are very powerful. How often have you said you don’t feel comfortable with something but have no logical reason why? You may try and put a logic on it, but by the time you put your logic onto it, the thought is already in your conscious mind, and has become an opinion. If you can influence the subconscious mind of your audience, you can influence their opinion about your brand.
Solving Your Brand Challenges
I work with my clients by first engaging in brand strategy workshops. In these workshops I work with clients to discover what their differentiation is, what makes them different to their competitors? Who are those competitors? Who is the ideal audience for your product or service? Why? Why does it matter to them? We work through a series of exercises with our clients to answer these and many more questions. I follow this up with research and talking to our clients customers. From all of this information I can pull together the bigger picture, and create a brand strategy that works. A brand strategy that is the foundation to create the visual expression of your brand, from the choice of colours and typography to showing your brand values, and how you should approach your messaging, to the meaning behind the brand and how that gets expressed in your logo design, in your brochures, on your website.
I love brand and design because every day I get to figure out these puzzles. I pride myself in how we translate the inner character, personality and beliefs of the business to the outside world, which builds a positive culture, builds trust with the ideal audience, which in turn builds strong and confident brands with a real purpose. To be a strong leader you must have a clearly defined and differentiated purpose. I help you to achieve that for your brand.
Every day I absorb the best design practices, I seek out the best design projects from other designers, some of my favourite design books are poured over at lunchtime or when I need inspiration. I am always inspired by the good and the great that have gone before me and those that are still influencing the design and branding world of today.
Branding is Not Marketing
Branding is a framework that you can constantly refer back to when you go to make your business or marketing decisions. Marketing is about the promotion of the brand, so realistically you cannot market something that you do not have 100% clarity on. Often in talking with marketeers and sales professionals there is a gap where the brand is not clearly defined at the outset. If these professionals had access to a brand strategy framework, they would be far better equipped to carry out their duties to their clients.
Some marketeers will call themselves strategic, which again is different compared to brand strategy. In brand strategy we go far deeper and not just into the business side of it, we also dig deep into psychology and human behaviours, and then to visualise the brand, we understand how people react to visuals, colours, typography etc. and are able to create brands and design communications that reflect the brand strategy framework.
Brand strategy will give you the solid foundations from which to build your business and marketing activities.
I Love My Clients
I believe in creativity, openness, truth and honesty, fairness, authenticity and respect. I enjoy working with clients who share my values. I always aim to deliver quality work, and believe in working alongside you, the client, so we are both happy with the end results. It is always a partnership between you, the client, and myself.
One of the main reasons why I am an accredited thought leader is because of the focus, care and attention I give to my clients. My clients place their trust in me, and I value that trust very highly. After a rigorous interview process the All Ireland Business All Stars awarded my accreditation because I am client focussed.
I abide by the rules of conduct set down by the Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI), of which I am a professional member. I am professionally trained, and fully insured.
The Value of Working With Us
- My brand strategy workshops will give you a roadmap to success for your brand.
- It is a longterm investment for longterm gains.
- The visual creation of your brand will be created by me, and I am a fully qualified professional designer with over 30 years of experience, and in working with me you will always have direct access to me.
- I offer the services of an agency without the fees of an agency, because our passion is to help SMEs create impact in their business by creating strong brands.
- By working with me on your brand design, you will also have access to my trademark specialists.
- I have a wide network of professionals and associates that I work with on a regular basis and offer access to these people when I work with you.
- I build your communications needs on brand to attract and retain your ideal audience.
- I help you to build your brand consistently, which builds trust and loyalty with your audience.
- I will provide you with a brand strategy and design that will generate a return on investment. This has been proven with my clients time and time again when they have told me that their turnover has increased, quite dramatically in some cases, as a direct result of their new brand.
- A strong brand will bring you more business more regularly.
Certified Brand Architect, Other Accreditations and Awards
- I am a Level C Certified Brand Architect the first in the Republic of Ireland, and the only professional certification program in brand, and personally taught to me by global expert on branding and author of the best brand books Marty Neumeier and his business partner Andy Starr. As a result of my training with Level C, I am now part of an international community of brand experts, who I collaborate with, and I remain continually inspired by, and guided by Marty and Andy.
- I am an accredited Thought Leader in Brand Design, awarded by the All Ireland Business All Stars Foundation (AIBF) for three years in a row.
- I am strong on industry and sector knowledge, with over three decades of experience.
- I am professionally qualified, fully compliant and insured.
- I am a professional member of the Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI) which enables me to stay on top of industry trends and information, network and collaborate with peers, and keep up to date with regular IDI training courses through Design Skillnets.
- I am VERY client centric and trustworthy as proven by the AIBF.
I offer a 30 minute brand consultation via a Zoom to talk about your brand. You can book your consultation here
How We Work
CUBE Design, along with our trusted and experienced associates, offer you a holistic approach to building your brand. I am passionate about ensuring the quality of your brand, and that it attracts and communicates to your target audience in a meaningful way.
Would you like to talk first?
If you have a burning question where a quick consultation would help you to solve your problem, you can book a consultation with me here
If you are unsure of your next steps, avail of a conversation with me which you can book here.
I look forward to meeting you.